Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer Paradise: Caramoan Islands


Last Friday/Saturday, my family, Nikko and I went to Caramoan Islands, Camarines Sur. Caramoan, even though not as famous as Boracay and Palawan, is known internationally because it has been a favorite shooting location of different international franchises of the show Survivor (France, Bulgaria, Israel, Serbia, Sweden and USA). 

From Manila, we drove all the way to Brgy. Sabang, San Jose, Camarines Sur (stopped over our house in Sariaya, Quezon for a few minutes and at a seaside restaurant in Gumaca, Quezon to eat). It was an 11-hour trip (including the stop-overs). We left Manila at 9PM and arrived in San Jose, where Sabang port is, at 8AM.

From the Sabang port, we took a boat (one-way costs P120/person) going to Guijalo port, Caramoan. Caramoan can be reached by land also but according to our GPS, it would take us another 300km to get there so travelling by sea, which took us approximately 2 hours was really the best option.


Sabang Port

I booked the River View Vacation Inn a few days before the trip. They offer 2D/1N and 3D/2N packages, which include accommodation, meals, island hopping, and transportation within the island. Since my dad and my brother have to be home by Monday, we just took the 2-days and 1-night package which costs P1600 per person.

When we got to the Guijalo port, we were met by our tour guide, Otep, who was really nice. We took a 6-seater tricycle going to our inn. We got there around 12 noon, just in time for our delicious lunch. Then we hurried to the other port to go island hopping.

We visited three islands: Lahos, Matukad, Busdak. Each island was beautiful and they were different from each other. 

Lahos beach had fine white sand, a majestic view and clear water.

Lahos Island

My favorite photo of us in Caramoan!

I was actually standing on a rock here.

<3

With Dad and Mom. <3

Matukad, had really powdery white sand (Station 1, Boracay powdery!) and had a lagoon on top (which we were not able to see anymore ‘cause Otep said it was difficult to climb.
The other side of Matukad Island; Notice the clear sea!

Hello!

<3

My pretty Mommy

And my handsome and cutie daddy

That's my only brother Manfred. We are very close and I'm glad I have him as an only sibling.

Nikko and Manfred goofing around


My loves!

 Busdak had a combination of white sand and grayish mud-like sand. Really unique! 

Busdak Beach

Haha

With our tour guide, Otep at the Busdak Beach

When we got back to our inn, we had crabs, squid and tinolang manok for dinner (yum!). Then, some of us had a soothing in-room massage for P300 (according to my masseuse, she was a TV extra in Survivor Israel. She massaged one of the contestants as a reward). By 10PM, we were all asleep.

Food c/o River View Vacation Inn! Yummy!!!


We woke up at 7AM (really early for me!) the next day for a yummy breakfast. After packing (‘cause we were leaving already), we were accompanied by our tour guide to the St. Michael the Archangel Church of Caramoan.


St. Michael the Archangel Church

We went back to the Guijalo port to catch the ferry going back to Sabang. We were able to catch the 9AM ferry and thus, reached Sabang by 11AM.

We may not have covered a lot of islands but it was still a wonderful experience. Everything was perfect: the beaches, the food, the tour, the friendly Caramoan people. And what made it all the more awesome was the fact that I was with my loved ones. I will definitely be back to explore the other islands!

No comments:

Post a Comment