Monday, April 30, 2012

Relic of St. Clare

I am so lucky to have seen and kissed the relic of St. Clare of Assisi. The relic (part of her cranium) has been in the Philippines for a three-month pilgrimage. It was actually the first time it left Italy in 800 years so the Philippines is really blessed. 

Last April 26, I went to the Ali Mall Chapel to hear mass in honor of St. Clare and I saw the relic for the first time. However, I was not able to touch it because there were a lot of people. I called up the Monastery of St. Clare in Katipunan (where Nikko and I used to pray when we were in college) to ask where the relic would go next. They told me that it will be with them today and that it will be leaving for Italy the same day.

And so today, we (My mom, Nikko and I) went to St. Clare's but when we got there, they told us that the relic is at the Orthopedic Center (Banawe, QC). We wasted no time and went to the Orthopedic Center. Luckily, we were just in time for the public veneration.

Relic of St. Clare of Assisi

St. Clare is the patron of navigators, of childless couples who want to have children, of life, of families, of television.

I pray to her with the other Saints and she's always there to help me.

Fr. Jess (the official guardian of the Relic) and my Mom

That's Nikko, in the light green shirt, reaching for the relic.
St. Clare, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment